Novacoast is looking for entry level IT engineers to add to our expanding Managed Services team. This is a unique opportunity to grow and learn as an IT engineer, work directly with the operations and DevOps teams on internal projects, and interface with clients as a consultant.Learn more: - working at Novacoast
- Day to day we expect new team members to be able to diagnose, resolve, document, and escalate when necessary a wide variety of incidents both internally and externally.
- We interact with our managed customers both reactively and proactively to help solve any issues or potential problems that may exist. As a component of these functions, there is a requirement of meeting and exceeding pre-defined service level agreements, both internally and externally.
- Managed Services Engineer’s research emerging IT threats to keep ourselves apprised on day zero of possible impact to ourselves or our customers.
- Occasional travel on location to support the Novacoast Engineering team or as a necessity in the event of an incident response.
- While our hours are generally fixed, because of the volatile nature of consultancy we are required to work paid overtime, sometimes on little notice.
- Must be able to train and obtain vendor and industry certifications, the cost of which are reimbursed upon successful completion by Novacoast.
- Prior experience is not required, but we will give greater consideration to candidates with a background in one of more of the following:
- Firewall Management
- SIEM Management
- Linux CLI
- Desktop Management
- SNMP Monitoring and Configuration
- Mac Support
- Directory Support
- Should be familiar with multiple operating systems at a server level, including:
- Should be familiar with Mac and Windows desktops.
- Candidates should have prior experience troubleshooting IT problems.
- Strong communication skills and phone presence.
- Ability to volunteer for after hours support and projects.
Positions are available in all 50 states, as well as Canada, Mexico, and the UK.
All resumes submitted are considered confidential.