Novacoast is seeking a Security Operations Center Engineer to join our team and help monitor, analyze and respond to threats.Learn more: - working at Novacoast
Novacoast is looking for a strong candidate to be a part of our Security Operations Center Team. The SOC team monitors, analyzes and responds to infrastructure and application threats and vulnerabilities. An ideal candidate for this position is a highly motivated individual, with a good IT security background who excels operating and deploying security technology and interacting with clients.
- Detection, monitoring, analysis, resolution of security incidents.
- Must be able to preform network, application, and log intrusion detection.
- Participation in security incident handling efforts in response to a detected incident.
- Shift rotation is required for this position.
- Must be able to maintain awareness of trends in security regulatory, technology, and operational requirements.
- A four-year college degree and 2-5 years of experience is preferred.
- The following certifications are strongly desired:
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- Or other GIAC certifications
- Experience with Anti-Virus, Intrusion Detection Systems, Firewalls, Active Directory, Web Proxies, Vulnerability Assessment tools.
- Experience with working with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions.
- Must be familiar with various network and host-based security applications and host-based security applications and tools.
- Candidates with Digital and Media Analysis (DMA) and prior computer forensics experience strongly desired.
SOC positions may only be available is specific locations where secured SOC facilities are available.
Positions are available in all 50 states, as well as Canada, Mexico, and the UK.
All resumes submitted are considered confidential.