Breaches will always continue to happen. How will you respond?
Novacoast offers rapid incident response conducted by experienced security professionals trained in threat detection and data protection.
Most organizations are well aware of breaches that occur on a daily basis. Between the news, email notifications and word-of-mouth around the water cooler, we are always hearing about the latest organization that was hit by a breach.
Every time, the same questions arise: Why didn't they do more to protect that data? What are they going to do now? How are they going to recover? I wonder if my information was one of the identities taken?
And it always boils down to the same thought: "So glad it wasn't us." But next time, it could be.
What we offer:
- A qualified Incident Response Team, always just a phone call away
- Incident Response Staff Augmentation
- IT Forensics and Containment
- Persistent Threat Management
- Incident Response Plan design and documentation (we write their plan)
Our Team Lead for Incident Response was recognized by the US Joint Chiefs of Staff for extraordinary contributions to the Pentagon CIRT in 2008. From then until now our team has had extensive experience in Security, Emergency Response Management, and Statsical Threat & Response Analysis.
What you need to know:
- There are usually three main root causes for a breach: Malicious or criminal attack, System glitch, Human factor.
- PCI-DSS v3.0 Requirement 12.10: "Implement an incident response plan. Be prepared to respond immediately to a system breach."
- HIPAA: 164.308 (a)(ii)(6)(ii) Response and reporting - Identitfy and respond to suspected or known security incidents; mitigate, to the extent practicable, harmful effects of security incidents that are known to the covered identity; and document security incidents and their outcomes.